Plastic was a great invention back in the olden days that was used in almost every household materials. Even today, plastic is used in almost every industry. However, plastic has been contaminating the earth as well. Humans are using over 160,000 plastic bags every second which means more than 5 trillion plastic bags will pollute the earth.
Moreover, plastic is not biodegradable which means it would take around 700-100 years to degrade and that is the reason why people are finding alternative solutions to it. Although when it comes to packaging materials, it always revolves around plastics and paper bags. While there are a number of better ways to get bags that will converse the environment beyond being highly convenient in carrying items around such as reusable shopping bags. There are many advantages of using eco-friendly over plastic bags which you can read in this article.
There is a plastic bag tax that increased the cost of plastic bags for both retailers and shoppers which makes a purchase of reusable bags more appealing.
- The average person will use about 13,000 plastic bags in his/her lifetime, which is about a 5p charge. This means you will be spending $650/year on just plastic bags.
- On the other hand, a reusable bag can cost you anywhere between 50p to $1 but has a lifespan equivalent to 500 plastic bags. This also means that you can save $625 a year.
- This is important as your customers are always looking forward to saving money where they can, so if you can explain to them this then they will be much happier.
- Reusable bags are even washable, so if there is any spill inside then you can just wash it and use it again and again.
- While there are many stores and supermarkets out there that offer their customers with bonuses and loyalty points for customers who bring their own reusable shopping bags.
One of the biggest reasons to switch traditional plastic bags to reusable and eco-friendly bags comes from the environmental impact. However, in an age of social media where one negative incident can quickly spread like wildfire across the web and can damage your business’ reputation.
- Each year plastic is responsible for millions of deaths of birds and other animals.
- Another disadvantage of plastic bags is that it takes up to 1000 years to decompose.
- Whereas eco-friendly bags are produced from a number of biodegradable materials like canvas or jute.
- Eco-friendly bags from ice-green.ca are an easy way to not only support environmentally friendly practices but to show it as well.
It goes without that at its very core the point of a bag is to be practical and for shopping bags that practical purpose to ensure the safe transport of your shopping. Moreover, reusable shopping bags offer a whole host of practical benefits.
- Reusable and eco-friendly shopping bags provide your customers with a much sturdier and stronger solution than the old plastic bag.
- With the use of materials such as cotton, reusable bags often have ergonomic handles that allow you to easily carry the bags.
- Reusable bags are usually bigger in size than disposable bags but can be easily folded which will take up less room.
- Although if you got a cool and funky design on your reusable bag then it can become a fashion accessory for your customers, ensuring that your brand is seen wherever they go.
- Reusable bags are made from strong materials which means any leaks or spills inside the bag and prevents it from making any mess.